Public (virtual) classroom dates are available.
Boca Raton, FL – April 26, 2021 – For the third year, DevOps Institute has proudly fielded the Upskilling DevOps Skills Survey to understand which skills are considered “must-have,” “nice-to-have,” and “optional.” More than 2,000 global respondents took the time to complete the Upskilling survey this year.
Each year, after DevOps Institute releases the report, ITSM Academy updates the courses in our DevOps catalog, to ensure our learners are receiving the most current information available with this critical data, from the trenches.
- SRE adoption is up: 22% in 2021 compared to 15% in 2020 and 10% in 2019. 47% of survey respondents voted SRE skills as a “must-have” skill in the process and framework skill domain this year compared to 28% in 2020.
“We’ve seen the interest in SRE growing year over year, so this is no surprise,” Lisa Schwartz, CEO of ITSM Academy, and co-founder of DevOps Institute says. “Our learners are seeing real value from the SRE Foundation course, and soon we will be onboarding the SRE Practitioner course as well.
- 54% of survey respondents claimed to be in the beginning stage of their DevOps evolution, with less than 2 years of DevOps experience. 16% are currently in the planning stage, and 10% are planning to leverage in the future. To help organizations achieve these goals, ITSM Academy offers classes such as DevOps Foundation, ITSM for DevOps and Value Stream Mapping Fundamentals (VSMF).
- An understanding of process flow and analysis ranks 2nd in terms of “must-have” skills in the process and frameworks domain which is why we have recently updated the both the VSMF and Certified Process Design Engineer (CPDE) courses.
- Value Stream Management keeps rising in importance and VSM skills are seen by 39% as a must-have skill within the process and frameworks domain.
- A top takeaway from this year’s report is, “No one framework or best practice model prevails. The adoption of a mix of frameworks and best practice models such as Agile, DevOps, ITIL or Lean continues. DevOps is augmented with additional best practices and frameworks such as Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Value Stream Management (VSM), DevSecOps, DataOps and ModelOps.”
- An aside, according to the 2021 State of DevSecOps report, 75% of enterprises in the US and UK adopted DevSecOps in 2020
The report also suggests that evolution in capabilities must be supported by a corresponding evolution in skills. When asked about pursuing certifications, 65% of respondents view certifications as very valuable and 32% view them as somewhat valuable.
About ITSM Academy
ITSM Academy, Inc., founded in 2004, is a full-service provider of ITIL, DevOps, Agile Service Management, Process Design and Customer Experience (XLA) education, and advice.
… educate and inspire is not just our corporate slogan, it speaks to our core mission and goal.
Twitter | @ITSM_Academy #itil4&somuchmore
Lisa Schwartz | LinkedIn
YouTube | ITSMAcademyPresents